The Church by the Sea is committed to promoting and reflecting God’s vision of healing and justice in all of our relationships – personal, environmental and corporate. Therefore, the Mission and Community Outreach Committee of the church seeks to create, advocate and support such healing relationships whenever and wherever we can. We do this through our time and participation in such organizations as:
* Habitat for Humanity Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Its mission is to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Church by the Sea volunteers participate in the Blitz Build Faith House each year.www.miamihabitat.org
* PACT (People Acting Together as Community) which is a grass-roots community organizing agency that aims to influence the wider community’s leaders to bring about positive change in our greater Miami Community.
* The Chapman Center in downtown Miami. We serve a meal on the first Wednesday of every month to anywhere between 300-500 people.
* Saturday Pantry Program at St. Joseph’s Church. We partner with St. Joseph’s Church for their St. Vincent de Paul program every Saturday. We help package and distribute bags of food for the homeless and food insecure.
* Redlands School for Migrant Farm Workers Families. Each Christmas the congregation gathers toys and clothes for children and donate them to the families in the Redlands school. This act of love and Christmas good cheer warms hearts of the children, their parents and all involved. Typically so many gifts are collected it takes a van to transport them all.
* Easter Baskets for Homeless Children. Each Easter we gather books, games, stuffed animals, school supplies and yes even candy and create Easter Baskets for children living in the Lotus House a local shelter for women and children. It is important for the children to know that even in difficult times they are remembered and valued. In a small way these baskets help deliver that message.
* Prayer Shawl Ministry. Our knitting group at the Church by the Sea makes and delivers prayer shawls to those who are home-bound, ailing, experiencing a life transition such as a wedding, baptism or graduation. The shawls are knit with love and prayer and let whoever receives one that they are entwined in the care and love of this community of faith that is the Church by the Sea.
The Church by the Sea supports other organizations financially to assist their good work as they improve the lives of others. These organizations are:
* Riverside House Miami